Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yarn Pr0n

Yesterday was a wonderful day for me. I went to lunch with DJ's mother, then we went to the LYS together. Now, she isn't a knitter, but we sure did enjoy fondling the yarns! She is, however, a beader... She saw the Odessa hat that the owner of the shop had knit and said that this might be something she would like to try... Hmm... ^_^ I also found out they have a knit night every Friday. I have been looking for a local group to knit with, so I think I may go this week and meet everyone.

I didn't think to take any photos there, but I did buy some sock yarn.

The following info was copied and pasted from the Yarn Market site:

Brand: Fibra Natura
Yarn Name: Yummy
Fiber Content: Wool
Ball Weight: 130g
Yardage: 370 yds.
Texture: Plied
Yarn Weight: Laceweight
Gauge: 36
(Stitches per 4.0 inches/10cm.)
Needle Sizes: 1-3 U.S. (2.25-3.25mm)
Care: Machine Wash & Dry Flat.

I am very excited about this yarn. I think it will become a pair of No Purl Monkeys... Have you ever used this yarn before? How did you like it? I also bought a couple of sets of DPNs, seeing as I only had US 3, I thought I should get some more sizes if I want to knit socks.

After the LYS, I went to Cedar Point with a couple of my friends.

When I got home I worked on the bolero. It's coming along, but it still just looks like ribbing and a lot of lace.

1 comment:

A&AC project said...

Hi Jolynn, hope ya got my email.
That's lovely yarn, beautiful colours. Sorry can't help with the yarn, never tried it or even heard of it. Is it sock or laceweight? your info. says laceweight. but you're making socks with it? sorry maybe I'm being obtuse :o