Thursday, May 1, 2008

What? A post?

^_^

Alrighty. SO... Prom was last Saturday. It was a blast! I had a fabulous time with all of my friends. We just danced and ate. The food was actually pretty tastey. I had "Baked Breast of Chicken" as well as some sides and, of course, desert. That was a variety of cookies and other finger-y food type yummies. Hehe. I am very dissappointed that I have to tell you this... But I didn't finish my shawl in time. :( I am about half way through as of right now. I guess trying to get my first lace project done in just a couple of weeks just wasn't such a great idea. I am still going to finish it because the yarn is beautiful, and I think it will be fabulous to wear on cool summer nights!

What am I working on now?? Okay... I currently have on the needles a beret for myself. I know it's not exactly "hat season", but the yarn that my Secret Pal sent in my last package just called to me. I really wanted to use it, and I really wanted to knit this pattern. It's The Not Too-Too Beret by Wendy Bernard (Knit and Tonic).



The colors are really much richer in person. This flourescent library light doesn't do them justice!

The musical is about two weeks away now. I am pretty excited. I hope it goes well!!

Happy May Day!

4 comments:

Brena said...

I love the colors in your yarn... I think it will make the perfect beret!

I'm glad you had a good time at prom and I think shawls work really well in the summer. I plan on wearing mine for the first time tomorrow!

A&AC project said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your prom, I know that's a big event in the States. Never mind about the shawl girlie ;)lace in my (albeit limited) experience isn't something that can be rushed anyway and I'm sure it'll be lovely when it is finished.
That yarn you're using for the beret looks very soft and squishy I must say :)

Anonymous said...

The yarn is so pretty!!! So are the flowers!!

Glad that prom was fun!

Kathleen Colligan said...

Glad you had fun at your prom! Hard to believe mine was about 40 years ago but still remember all the fun we had. I am starting the River Stole today for my daughter's wedding. How far along is yours?