Sunday, August 17, 2008

Of Sadness and Cherry Pie

I start class at the college tomorrow. I am a bit excited, I suppose, but there is still a big part of me that doesn't want to let go of high school. I had a pool party today with some of my girl friends from Flag Corps and they talked a lot about the season coming up and all the new routines and stuff. My sister is in flag this year, as well. It's going to be difficult, at least until my closest friends graduate this year. *sighs* It's hard to be a part of something for four years and then just not be. :(

Anyways, on to knitting. I haven't worked on the mom socks becuase I have been knitting up dishcloths for a friend who is moving out of state for college. She is getting her own apartment so I want her to have something special to remember me by. I think I am going to bake up a batch of cookies for her, as well. ^_^

Speaking of baking... DJ and I are at his grandma's house right now and we just had some of her delicious cherry pie.



As you can see, I had a couple bites of the ice cream before I took the photo. Then I thought I would show you how yummy it looks. I am a brat, aren't I?

1 comment:

Brena said...

Yummy looking pie!

It is difficult when your close friends are still in H.S. but you have to move on to college, but you'll have such a blast! Plus they'll be jealous that you don't have to spend nearly as much time in school as they do. College is such a huge difference, I bet you'll love it though.