Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monkey Socks? Hello??

I know, I know. I promised photos of my finished No Purl Monkey Socks last week. I apologize. DJ and I decided to go camping this weekend so I didn't exactly have access to a computer.

So now, without further yapping...


















Pattern: No Purl Monkeys
Yarn: Fibranatura Yummy
Needle Size: US 2
Notes: I did four repeats on the leg rather than six. I did that for two reasons... First, I don't like my socks to be really high. Second, I didn't think I would have enough yarn. In the end, though, I would have had plenty. Anyways, I absolutely love this pattern! So much, in fact, that I am knitting another pair. Mmhmm. Out of my Cherry Tree Hill. I went down to a size 1 because size 2s were just too large for the yarn. I am a few pattern repeats into the leg so far. They are purdy. ^_^

Camping was very relaxing. We went on a few hikes, went to the beach, and rented a canoe! I had never been on a canoe before, so that was kind of fun. We just kind of lounged by the fire in the evenings. Oh! We made s'mores, as well. Yummers! I also might be going camping with my family this weekend, but I think I will get more knitting done this time around. DJ and I were really active during the day and it was much too dark to knit in the evenings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your socks. I'm going to start my first pair sometime soon. Maybe in time for the Ravelympics!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute are those monkeys with those shoes! Great job!