Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shrug This and Happy Valentines' Day!

I finished this on the night of the 12/ morning of the 13... At about 2 am. Yeah, stayed up pretty late. Oh well. I think it was worth it, because I got to wear it to school! ^_^

Presenting... Shrug This:


Pattern: Shrug This from One Skein Wonders
Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy (about 168 yards, or just over one ball)
Needles: US 11
Knit for: Moi!
Notes: The finished product was REALLY short, so I ripped it back a bit and added a few more inches of St stitch, then did the three rows of ribbing. Overall, I am happy with it. I do think this yarn is maybe a bit fuzzy for this project, but it's alright. I also went up to a size 11 rather than a 10.5 because my gauge was a bit off with the 10.5. I will be making a few more of these for myself, I think, and at least one for a friend.

Also, I joined a new group on Ravelry called Chunky Monkey. It is for knitters that like to use big yarn and big needles. They are doing a Knit Along in March for the Kangaroo Tunic. It is pretty cute, so I am going to be participating. The only drawback is that I think I am going to have trouble finding size 19 circular needles... Hmm...

Your Candy Heart Says "Hug Me"

A total sweetheart, you always have a lot of love to give out.
Your heart is open to where ever love takes you!

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a surprise romantic evening that you've planned out

Your flirting style: lots of listening and talking

What turns you off: fighting and conflict

Why you're hot: you're fearless about falling in love


Happy Valentines' Day!

1 comment:

A&AC project said...

Lovely shrug, it suits you.First garment knitted? well done!
Have you seen this one?: http://yarnforwardmagazine.co.uk/cloudbolero.htm
It's a free pattern and I think it's lovely. If you click on the link on the page it takes you to the designer.